I attended an almost 2 weeks course baru-baru ni. Some of the modules are boring with a capital B tapi ada juga yang membuka mata i.
Lemme share with you what I think is important.
1. Find a mentor who can guide you and open doors for you. This person should be someone who publishes a lot of article dah banyak buat research and renown in your field.
2. Never say no. Bila orang bagi you kerja/ jawatan/ anything, don't say know. Cakap ya je, even though you are not familiar with what you were asked to do. You can always learn. When you say yes, you open up a lot of opportunities for yourself.
3. Chart your path as an academician. Set targets which are feasable. Bila nak jadi PM? Bila nak jadi Prof?
4. Allocate some time for you to write, everyday. NEVER cakap I am not in the mood, or idea tak ada and etc. Just sit and write. 300 words sehari pon jadilah. Yang penting, tulis. I plan to allocate my mornings for writing. Prof tu kata, 2 jam pon cukup. So, maybe I can allocate from 8 to 10 for writing purposes.
5. Must read new articles and keep abreast with developments in my research field. Baca at least 1 article a day. That way, I will have read at least 365 articles a year and that is quite a lot, kan? So maybe petang while waiting to fetch Dani would be a suitable time to do my readings.
6. 1 good PhD student is worth more than having 10 phd students. So yang penting is quality and not quantity
7. AIm to send paper at journals yang ada quality. Again, the concept of quality and not quantity applies here.
8. Market yourself. Write in to journals and volunteer to be a reviewer. Jangan segan or wait for people to invite you. After a few years of consistantly reviewing one journal, you will usually be invited to be part of the editorial board.
Ok....
Anyway, since I dah gung ho, I actually found the kriteria for PM's application. Now that I have sent my 51 and still waiting for the interview, I can start crossing off some things on the PM criteria list.
Come on uols. We can do this!!!!
2 comments:
gung ho tu apa?hahaahh..
gung ho tu macam beria-ia or bersungguh sungguh. :)
Post a Comment