Thursday, March 19, 2009

Welcome Ahmad Andi

Meet Ahmad Andi


I am actually writing this on words because my new flat has yet to be equipped with internet. I have yet to have the time to go to upc to subscribe to internet. Why is that? Because, my lovely son, Ahmad Andi decided to come into the world a week early (and on my exam date to boot!)


It all started on Sunday, march 1st. In the morning,when i went to pee, i saw that i had blood stains. I started to panic but Dr Sunshine said that it is just an indication of early stage of labour and i didn’t have to worry. Oh...ok. Furthermore, I wasn’t experiencing any contractions or whatever. Jadi, mak relax-relax jer sambil kengkonon study cos my exam is the next day.


At around noon, I started to feel mild pain at my lower abdomen which I assumed was contraction pain. But, i wasn’t too bothered cos it wasn’t frequent, and it was not that painful. Petang tu, we decided to bring dani to the park near my flat. Dah pergi park tu, Dani teringin plak nak naik tram (he lovesloves to go on the tram). So, I told Dr Sunshine, jomla...we can just naik tram and pusing2. So we did. Tapi, mak gatal nak berenti kat Oper, and berjalan all the way to Stephansdome (sambil singgah di Kartner Strasse untuk melantak Nordsee’s Mix Box) dan kemudian ke Aida to belanja my babe melange and cake.

bercanda di taman



Masa jalan tu, memang dah rasa sakit2 yer and i had to berenti a few times while walking. Tapi mak tetap gigih and bebuat macho depan Dr Sunshine. Hihi.


Pastu, balik, and i started to study dengan begitu gigih. However, I kept having contractions. At about 11pm, I decided that I should get some sleep cos I would have to be at the exam hall by 9am, which means that i would have to leave my flat at about 7.45am (memandangkan mak bajet mak akan take my own sweet time to jalan because of the contraction pain).


Tapi, I couldn’t sleep! The pain was getting unbearable by the minute. I started timing my contractions at it was about 5 to 7 minutes apart. I woke my babe up and asked him to time my contraction dan mengharapkan simpati, tapi dia kata :“what’s the point? Bukan kita nak buat apa pon because you ada exam esok.”


He also said that if we were in Malaysia, he would have brought me to the hospital already. At 12 plus, mak dah tak tahan dengan sakit ittew. And my hubby said, lets just call the ambulance and go to the hospy. Whats the point of waiting? Lagipon dengan sakit yg sebegitu rupa, i don’t think I can concentrate doing my paper!!!


Nak tepon ambulance plak satu hal. A machine answered and it was of course speaking Deutch. So, I called my Tante, and she (actually her hubby) helped to call the ambulance. Tak lama lepas tu, ambulance pon tiba. I was strapped to the wheelchair, brought down to the ambulance, transferred to the bed, and dibawa masuk ke dalam krankenwagen ittew.


FYI, ambulance adalah kenderaan yg sangat tak selesa and I wonder la kan, cemana laaaaa orang yg eksiden sume tu kena naik ambulance. Sian depa. I feld nauseus okei naik ambulance. Tapi, Dr Sunshine macam sexcited (rujuk gambar) sementara dani plak macam konfius (what am i doing in here in the middle of the night?). As for me, I was too busy gripping onto the bed to tahan sakit.

Dalam ambulans


Sampai kat spital, masuk bilik yg cek2 tu. Midwife yg menerima kehadiran mak ittew agak lembap! All that she could offer was: bila contraction, sila tarik nafas dan lepas macam ni...foooooooooooooooooo. FYI, teknik pernafasan yg diajar tidak membantu langsung di dalam mengurangkan rasa sakit okei!!!


To cut the long story short, she called the doc, doc dtg cek the opening (about 3cm) and said that sila pergi labour room. Sebelum ittew, Doc tanya: “Nak tak epidural?” Jawab saya :”Kena bayar extra ke? Insurance saya cover tak?”
“Ya,” kata Doktor.
“Then yessssssss,” I said sambil pandang2 kat Dr Sunshine and dani.

epidural makes me happyyyyyyyyyyyy


So, I walked to the labour room dan teruja melihat labour room yang jauuuhhhhh berbeza dgn the one in slyg. Firstly, its a room on its own, bukan cubicles separated with curtains. Pastu,ada toilet and shower, ada radio, and all the other necessity. I had my own midwife to entertain me and bless her, she could converse in English. I was feeling cold so she gave wrapped me up with hot towels. Sedap sangat!!


Then, i had epidural done on me (saya sangat respek specialist ittew kerana tidak mengambil masa yang lama untuk memberikan saya pain relief tersebut). And, I have decided that I WILL be opting for epidural for my next labour. Err..tapi next labour c-sect jugek so mungkin epidural tidakdiperlukan. Tapi seriously, it really helped to ease the pain. So much so, lepas epi, doctor nak cek my opening, 10,000 kali pon, saya tak kesah. Huhu.


Oh..and the hospital I went also uses homeopathic treatments. I was given some herbal medication to help y servix dilate and also some kind of herbal obat was swiped at my servix to make it softer or something like that.


7 am plus, doctor dtg sekali lahi and found that there is no difference in my dilation. And to make matters worst my contraction apparently was becoming further apart (8 minutes). So, depa decide to burst my water. Lepas 1 hour dah pecahkan water bag, still no further dilation. And so, the doctor came and advised me to go for c-sect. What can i say? I was really hoping for a normal birth (cos bercita-cita nak anak banyak kan) tapi nak buat cemana. I was frustrated but at that point, Andi’s wellbeing was more important than my selfish needs ittew.


So, c-sect it was. This time around, I was awake the whole time tapi MasyaAllah, rasa nak muntah ajer. I heard Andi’s first cry. Dr Sunshine could have been in the labour room with me but he had to take care of Dani. (btw, Dani and papa waited for me sambil tertido kat couch...the hospy actually gave them a folded bed tapi Dr Sunshine tak mo plaks).


At 10.36am, Ahmad Andi came into the world. Berat 3.2kg. Rupa, sebijik macam Dani. Macam fotostat. But at birth, he is a bit fairer although skarang nampak macam dah tukar kaler sket. Ihiks.

7 comments:

sumpit said...

i know!!!!
hosp staff diorg ni cam relax je, org dok menggigil in pain, diorg cam bole sembang2 tanya this tanya that. aduhhh...

tp it could also because of that that they also very friendly and warm, layan kita punya special sampai x rasa sakit (ok, im exaggerating, tp betol, time balik hostel baru terasa sakit).

anyway, congratulations on your new born baby, comelll!!!

Fadzli said...

Alhamdulillah..selamat suma..dah pandai senyum2 dah Andi ni..

*psst..adakah inspiration
nama anak2 anda derived daripada artistes?

the dreamer said...

congrats babe...andi nampak mcm dah besar

tough la you...can still walk about wpun dah sakit :)

so no experience water bag burst haar? takpe next time ok :)

miSs inTerpReted said...

et: mmg hospy staff relax jer!! n thanks for the wish.

grungee: err...ahmad andi tu nama artis mana yer??

Oyis said...

tahniah atas kelahiran baby andi!

sgt respek dgn ketabahan sabb ... *tabik spring toing!

kita ni silent reader, but in real life kwn nya yzma n sumpit :D

btw, apa kesudahannya dgn exam tu?

Anonymous said...

owh....labor room itew mcm sama dgn yg kat putrajaya...selayang still pakai tirai lg meh? owowww...

but in contradiction...kat pjaya itew...the moment u're 3cm dilated...they puncture ur waterbag...sgt sakit pastu...huhuhuhu...

welkam andi baby...

miSs inTerpReted said...

oyis: thanks!! i pon actually silently read your blog..hihi

puy: ye ker putrajaya gittew u ols? kat slayang, aku siap bleh dengar org beranak..huhu..