Sunday, April 24, 2011

bila anak tak sihat

I got a text from Dr Sunshine at 3-ish am malaysian time, saying that he hasn't had the chance to sleep because AA was feverish and wanted to be cuddled all the time. Apparently, after minum susu, AA walked out of the room looking for Papa who was watching a football match in TV. He cuddled with him sambil tidur. Lepas game habis, they went inside the room and at 3 macam tu, AA vomitted dalam pelukan the papa, and habis kena papa, AA, bedsheet, pillow and blanket.

Maka, at 3am-ish itu, my Dr Sunshine had to mandikan AA, himself and wash the bajus yang kena muntah and all the blanket, bedsheet,pillowcase and terbalikkan the tilam, while my boys slept in front of the tv. Sigh.

At times like this, I wished I was around. I wished I was around to help Dr Sunshine with things. You see, selalu, if kids sakit, it is always the moms yang take care of them. But it is a whole different story with my babies.

I tell you, a lot of people told me how strong I am to live alone in a foreign land, pregnant and etc. But I think, my dear husband is the person who should be taking the credits. Not only does he juggle his time between work and studies, he also has to single handedly take care of two boys. Yes, I admit that he has help from families, at those times that he goes for locum atau nak pergi main tennis or futsal or snooker. But at the end of the day, he always brings the boys back. Lepas a long day at work or OC, dia masih ambik the boys from my moms. He will bring them to the playground and pergi dinner. Then balik and play with them. Normally, he would be online, almost every night to talk to me. In between, he still has to manage the house chores like doing the laundry and kemas rumah (which can be quite sepah since we have 2 boys..hehe), buat susu, put the boys to sleep, do his assignments. I tell you, he has sacrificed a lot for me and I really am grateful for that. Maka, balik nanti, I promise myself that I will try to be the best wife there is.

Anyway, after getting the texts about the muntah incident, I called him up and I told Dr Sunshine, there's only 25 days left, and then I can help him out. But of course he said, "ala, if you balik and the boys muntah, it will still be me who will be doing all this because tak kan lah i nak bagi isteri i yang sarat mengandung buat semua tu. I tell you, my husband is so baik and loving. I must have done something good in my life to deserve a great man like him.

However, I still feel guilty. Guilty to leave him with all the responsibility of taking care of the boys. For making him have less time for himself. He told me not to feel that way but I just cannot help it.

It is times like this that I wish I would be finished with my PhD cepat-cepat.

Ya Allah, thank you for giving me the best husband in the whole wide world.

1 comment:

the dreamer said...

Yes babe..amir sgt responsible dad...lucky u...jgn gado lagi ok *wink*