Tuesday, February 10, 2009

freebies

I just came back from my furniture viewing. This very very generous lady decided to give away some of her stuff (prolly to make space for a new one..i pon tak taw). Some of the stuff which she listed in the expat website were sofa, coffee table, bed frame, mattress.

So,I took my chances and called her up,and today, I went to have a look at the stuff. I decided to take the table (its a round wooden one), the bedframe and mattresses(which i think can double as a day bed..so maybe can be put in the livingroom). she said that the mattress might not be too comfy (cos its made of sponge), so ittewla sebab i am thinking of just using it as a daybed.

Also, she gave me 2 foldeable stools and 1 plaything for Dani (which of course will be shared with AA).






Saya sangat-sangat bersyukur because if I were to fork out my money for these, it would have cost hundreds.

I am also going to look at a double bed mattress (somebody nak jual for 70euro). kat sini, busuk2 pon harga mattress is about 200euros. mahal kan?

now, i must figure out how to transport all this stuff.

note to self:must call auntie

2 comments:

puteri said...

tu lah.. i pun tgh bid ada budak buat bidding barang barang dia nak balik for good. the tilam queen size tu dia nak jual for $50. ada org bid $50.50 I mintak $55 pastu ada org bid lagi $60. hangin i. i nak bid on d last day. just to make sure i letak d last price.

i tgh sibuk packing ni. pindah jumaat ni. pagi amik kunci. hey.. u jauh tak frm london? i'm thinking of places to go as i'll be in london in july-august. raynair cheap kan?

miSs inTerpReted said...

puteri: Ryanair very cheap but beware of dia punya tricks la. mmg dia kata tiket 5euro tapi bila campur counter check in, luggage, credit card charges, kengkadang jadi 30 euro. but still murah.

july - august...mehla datang sini. hihi.feel free to come...there will obviously be room for you at my apartment!