Saturday, February 4, 2012

sharing is caring #7

i jumpa my sv last Tuesday and he told me that he wanted to go through my references, which I had not printed out. The reason I did not print out was because I have yet to properly susun it according to alphabetical order. sigh. Maka, sejurus selepas balik rumah, I set out to arrange the references.

Needless to say, I found the task to be tiring. Its not easy to go through pages of references and susun it accordingly. So I thought, I might as well give some tips to those who are about to embark on a PhD journey or even tengah buat masters.

You see, when are a postgrad student doing research, you are bound to read hundreds of books and articles, some of which you may use in your thesis. The list may be loooonnngggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg and the work it takes to susun it would be quite arduous.

So, I gave an idea to my Dr Sunshine, who is about to embark on this research journey himself, regarding this --compilation of references.

I propose that he creates a file for references in which there are sub files with each alphabets. Maka, there will be 26 sub files altogether. So, whenever he reads an article/book, boleh terus type out or cut and paste the source to the respective alphabet file.

NAnti, at the end of the day, all he needs to do is re arrange the source accordingly in the files, and then combine everything together. I think, this would be a more efficient way dari what I am doing right now. Yela, masa I tulis allmy source,I thought I was being efficient already, but apparently, there's still room for improvement.

MAka, itu saja my tips of the day yang ingin di sharing-is-caring-kan.

hope it will benefit you!!!

2 comments:

fika79 said...

Betul3.

kayla said...

sab, u guna EndNote tak? very convenient nak tarik citations and organize references n biblio