Since I won't be presenting (because the presentation slot is just a few days before my due date, my lovely prof told me that i can just compile the things which I plan to present in something like a protfolio, and I would be assessed based on that. Since it would be 30% of the assessment, agak penting jugaklah kan. The assignment is on: a report on the impact of globalising processes on a specific aspect of life and culture in Vienna.
He told us to be creative, and suggested that maybe we could do something on music or food. So, i thought long and hard about it (oklah..not that long pon) and was thinking of doing about food. I must admit that I was somewhat inspired by Kayla's documentation of Nasi Lemak (see here) and how she mapped it out. However, since nasi lemak is not sold anywhere here for the lack of Malaysian restaurants, I thought that I would do something on Chai Tea and how it has been globalised!!!!
So, I would first need to cari history of the chai tea, cara tradisional nak buat and maybe compile some pictures. Then come the exciting part! Sampling chai tea all over Wien. hehe. And observe how it is made. Oohh...saya sangat excited. Cuma sekarang, nak kena start cari cafes yang menjual chai tea lah kan.
If, that proof to be difficult, I was thinking of doing something about chinese food, or to be more specific, noodles. Tapi I thought that it would be quite hard to pinpoint that noodles came from china (sebab ada yang cakap it originated from Spain and Italy). Hmm...if not, then maybe Tom Yam, because tu memang sah sah dari Thailand.
Tapi, my first choice would still be chai. hmm...mungkin from now on, every Sunday I must make sure I go out to search for Chai Teas. hehe. *matilah alasan nak keluar minum2*
Apa pendapat uols??
4 comments:
i read somewhere kata noodles tu originated form the middle east... wallahuaklam laaa... :D
Sab, i'm re-inspired to find that ur inspired by the Nasi Lemak mapping projects! I have an unpublished essay about this project here at http://bit.ly/eDinSY and there's another one on Teh Ais Manhattan here http://bit.ly/hcNMDh . anyways, i find cultural geography to be very interesting! teaches me a lot about how i look at places now and how i would go about designing them. all the very best for your assignment!
eti: tula....i googled and there are various conflicting pendapat on where it came from. so, maybe terpaksa cancel la noodle. i think i am going for the chai tea!
kayla: OMG. I love love love love super love your teh ais Manhattan project!!! And your essay on nasi lemak was also a good read. Thanks for the links. I was thinking of how to present my ideas to the Prof nanti, and might just do something like you did for your teh ais project, if you don't mind. :)
go right ahead! ideas are meant to be shared ;) semoga sama2 get thru this phd successfully, InshaAllah
Post a Comment