Saturday, December 31, 2011

sharing is caring #3

Firstly, Selamat Tahun Baru!!!

Ok, untuk sesi sharing is caring kali ni, I nak share dengan uols info terbaru yang I dapat. Apakah??

Pasal persekolahan anak-anak. hehe.

You see, I have been reading up about schools, because I just want to get more information on the types of schools available for Dani to masuk darjah 1. The more I read, the more interested I was on Sekolah Rendah Agama Integrasi (SRAI) which is available in some parts of Selangor. I think there are less than 15 such schools in all of Selangor.

Anyway, kenapa ai interested dengan sekolah ini? Because, it integrates normal school dengan sekolah agama. Hence, schooling hours is from about 8 to 4. Masa rehat pagi tu, lepas makan, ada solat dhuha. Masa rehat tengah hari tu, lepas makan, everyone solat asar. Best kan?

These schools are kelolaan JAIS, I think kategori sekolah bantuan penuh kot, but i am not sure. Tapi yang pasti, dia bukan private school, hence the fees adalah affordable. Nak masuk sekolah ni, ada entrance exam. Mainly because the number of people yang apply masuk are about 400 plus and they only take in about 150. So its really competitive, hence the need to organise for an entrance exam. The application to sit for the exam is usually announced in April and the exam itself will be in May, tahun sebelum anak uols masuk sekolah. Contohnya Dani will masuk darjah 1 in 2013, hence his exam will be in 2012.

I was looking high and low pasal format exam ni, and yang i jumpa dia dok kata banyak soalan yang suruh the kids suaikan, ada tanya maths, english, bm, jawi, arab. Arab?? yikes...terus sedikit panik di situ sebab anak ai tak belajar bahasa arab. Then, 2 days ago, i came across farwina's blog, left a comment and she was extremely kind!!! She shared with me some info.

Apparently, ada buku latihan yg spesifik bertajuk persediaan kemasukkan sekolah rendah agama integrasi. So, sesiapa yang berminat, boleh purchase the book.

Secondly, antara subjek yg budak2 akan belajar is: bm, bi, maths, pjk, bahasa arab K, bahasa arab J, tilawah, hafazan, sains, pendidikan islam, tauhid, jawi, feqah, akhlak, muzik, seni.

Needless to say, I am quite excited. hehe. But at the same time, I am quite worried cos Dani has no Arabic background. So, what I did was to tell my sis to bgtahu ustazah mengaji to teach him baca jawi. I hope sempat laaa by May, inshaAllah.

By the way, walaupun you are interested to send your kid to this school, you should still register him at the normal sekolah kebangsaan. Sebab kalau dia tak dapat tempat kat SRAI, u dah ada back up school for him.

Having said that, pemilihan sekolah totally depends on how you want to mold your kids. Ada argue that sending Dani to a sekolah agama at such a young age nanti buat dia tak kenal other cultures and mungkin tak bagi dia peluang to socialise with the other races. I thought about it as well, but bottom line for me is for Dani to have a good foundation in religion. He is also quite interested dengan hafal ayat and etc, so I think this is a good option for him. I also thought of sending him for some fun extra axtivity, so that he will be able to socialise with the other races. tapi tengoklah. tennis ke, swimming ke. hehe.

Plus, ada je Malays yang hantar their kids to sekolah cina and tamil, so that their kids will acquire a 3rd language (but dani will be learning arabic, so thats a third language as well). Thats cool as well. And ada yang siap research sekolah mana within their tempat tinggal yang the population of Malays, chinese and Indian are well represented sebab nak anak dia ala-ala 1 Malaysia. Pon ok, sebab honestly, I pon nk my sons to berkawan dengan everyone and not stereotype people.

So, pikirlah bebetul masa nak pilih sekolah. I have been researching about this since Dani was 5. Hover kan? wakakakakaa....

No comments: